Bruce has lived in Rochester for most of his life. He graduated from Lourdes High School in 1978 before attending Macalester College in St. Paul, Minnesota. He graduated from Macalester with honors in 1982 and went on to attend Hamline Law School, where he earned his degree in 1988.
After Bruce graduated from Hamline Law School, he returned home to Rochester where he joined the firm of Restovich, Patterson and Lund in 1990. He moved on to George F. Restovich & Associates in 1993 and remained with that firm from that time and through its transition as the Restovich Braun & Associates law firm.
His twenty- five years plus of practice has given Bruce broad legal experience. He has successfully litigated numerous matters before State and Federal Courts, as well as the Minnesota Court of Appeals and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals. He practices exclusively in civil law with a broad practice dedicated to serving the everyday legal needs of the southeastern Minnesota community.
A believer in community service, Bruce has served on the Legal Assistance of Olmsted County Board of Directors. Legal Assistance has a mission to provide legal services to the indigent in the Rochester community.
Bruce is an active martial artist. He practices and is currently the chief instructor at Aikido of Rochester, Minnesota in the martial art of Aikido, a Japanese martial art similar to Judo and Jujitsu.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Family Law
- Employment Law
- Personal Injury
- Estate Planning
- Probate and Conservatorships
- Residential Real Estate Purchase and Sales
- Minnesota, 1988
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 1991
- U.S. Court of Appeals 8th Circuit, 1994
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 1988
- Honors: cum laude
- Macalester College, St. Paul, Minnesota
- B.A. - 1982
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: International Studies with Economics Core
- Lourdes High School
- Carlsen v. Carlsen, A09-95, 2010 WL 1189808, 2010, Minn. App.
- Hemmingsen v. Hemmingsen, 767 N.W.2d 711, 2009, Minn. App.
- Block v. Block, A04-942, 2005 WL 89472, 2005, Minn. App.
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member, 1990 to 2014
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, 1990 to 2014
Past Employment Positions
- Restovich, Patterson and Lund, 1990
- George F. Restovich & Associates, 1993
Pro Bono Activities
- Legal Assistance of Olmsted County, Board Member, 2005 to 2011
- Aikido of Rochester, Minnesota, Chief Instructor