We Play Hard. We Play Fair.
We Play To Win.
Christopher W. Coon
Christopher represents individuals, businesses, schools, churches, nonprofits, and other organizations through some of their most challenging times, and regarding their most important affairs.
Christopher attended college at Augustana College in Rock Island, Illinois where he earned dual degrees in English and Economics, receiving high marks in each and successfully leading several student organizations and sports teams. He graduated from Augustana in 2004 and continued his education at Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa, where he was a Dean's List honoree, received the CALI Excellence for the Future Award (formerly known as the American Jurisprudence Award) and was a licensed student-practitioner in Drake Law School's legal assistance clinic.
Upon his graduation from Drake in 2007, Christopher began practicing with the Cedar Rapids, Iowa branch office of a large legal assistance firm, negotiating and litigating hundreds of cases on matters ranging from critical housing, family, and domestic violence matters, to public benefit appeals.
Christopher moved to Rochester in 2009, where he completed judicial clerkships with the Honorable Joseph F. Wieners and Honorable Kevin A. Lund. During that time, he was entrusted with drafting court orders, rendering accurate research and dispositional advice to judges on a variety of complex civil and criminal cases, and facilitating the successful negotiation of conciliation court claims. By virtue of this time spent working for judges and the courts, Christopher has valuable insight into the judicial decision-making process which he brings to bear in the successful representation of his clients.
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 2007
- Honors: With Honors
- Augustana College, Rock Island, Illinois
- B.A. - 2004
- Major: English
- Major: Economics
- Iowa, 2007
- Minnesota, 2009
- U.S. District Court District of Minnesota, 2012
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Dean's List Honoree
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Good News Children’s Center: Chair, Board of Directors
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Minnesota State Bar Association, Member
- Drake Law School’s Legal Assistance Clinic, Licensed Student-Practitioner
- Civil Legal Aid – Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Honorable Joseph F. Wieners, Judicial Clerkship
- Honorable Kevin A. Lund, Judicial Clerkship
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
- Real Estate and Land Use Law
- Representation of Nonprofits and Religious Institutions and Schools
- Business, Corporate, and Transactional Law
- Employment Law
- Estate Planning
- Personal Injury