We Play Hard. We Play Fair.
We Play To Win.
Tammy L. Shefelbine
Tammy is a graduate of Mayo High School. She attended the University of Minnesota and graduated with a Bachelor of Science with an emphasis in Child Psychology, Family Social Sciences, and Sociology of Criminology, Law, and Deviance.
Tammy also received her certification in Child Abuse Prevention Studies from the University of Minnesota. Tammy attended Hamline University School of Law and after law school she earned a Master's in Public Administration. After graduating law school, Tammy returned to Rochester to practice law. Tammy focuses exclusively on family law cases and has extensive experience in virtually all areas of family law, including high asset divorces, high conflict child custody matters, parenting time challenges, paternity, LGBTQ family rights, child support, adoption, child protection, property distribution, complex financial distribution, debt distribution, pension and retirement, and spousal maintenance. In addition, she is an experienced mediator in resolving family disputes. She is also a trained social and financial early neutral evaluator.
Tammy brings vast professional knowledge and experience to each family law case. She is committed to providing passionate advocacy for clients and understands how challenging and emotionally taxing it can be for parents and families to navigate family law disputes. Tammy takes the time to learn about each of her client's needs and creates a strategic plan to assist her clients with their goals whether it is a plan for litigation or a plan for out of court solutions. Tammy is committed to providing honest feedback to her clients about the status of their cases throughout the process so her clients can make informed decisions about their family as they journey through their family law matter.
- Hamline University School of Law, St. Paul, Minnesota
- J.D. - 2002
- Hamline University Graduate School of Management, St. Paul, MN
- M.A. - 2004
- Major: Public Administration
- University of Minnesota, Minneapolis
- B.S. - 1996
- Major: Child Psychology
- Major: Family Social Sciences
- Major: Sociology of Criminology, Law, and Deviance
- Minnesota, 2002
Certified Legal Specialties
- Certification in Child Abuse Prevention Studies , University of Minnesota , 1997
- Olmsted County Bar Association, Member
- Olmsted County Family Bar Association, Member
- Honorable Lawrence Agerter, Judicial Law Clerk, 2003 to 2004
- Honorable Joseph F. Chase, Judicial Law Clerk
- Minnesota State Senate Counsel & Research , Law Clerk, 2000 to 2002
- Hennepin County Attorney's Office, Law Clerk/Legal Secretary, 2001 to 2002
- Ramsey County Attorney's Office, Law Clerk, 2000 to 2000
- Children's Law Center of Minnesota, Law Clerk, 2000 to 2000
- Dunlap & Seeger, P.A.
- Olmsted County Attorney’s Office
- Patterson & Associates
- O’Brien & Wolf, LLP
- Family Law