We Play Hard. We Play Fair. 

We Play To Win.

Photo Of Professionals at Restovich Braun & Associates
Photo Of Attorney Tammy L. Shefelbine, Thomas R. Braun, Anna M. Restovich, Michael J. Restovich, Bruce K. Piotrowski, Aurora M. DeCook

Getting The Compensation You Need To Get Back Up After A Slip-And-Fall Accident

A failure to keep snow and ice clear of sidewalks and parking lots is more than just tacky; it can be downright dangerous during our harsh winters.

If you have been injured due to a slip or fall, it is important to speak to a personal injury attorney about your rights, which may include pursuing a personal injury claim to obtain compensation for pain and suffering, medical expenses, lost earnings and other damages.

At Restovich Braun & Associates, we have what it takes to achieve success in this complex area of the law. Premises liability cases can be difficult, but our thorough investigations, strong negotiating skills and trial acumen can make all the difference in maximizing the compensation you need to put your life back together after suffering an injury. We are here to help you through your claim and answer your questions along the way.

What Is Required Of Property Owners?

The key to any premises liability claim is demonstrating that a property owner knew or should have known about a dangerous situation and failed to correct the problem or notify the public of the problem.

Examples include failing to prevent or remedy icy sidewalks, failure to display a “wet floor” sign in a grocery store, or failure to notify building tenants about unstable stairs.

How do I know if I have a personal injury claim after a slip-and-fall accident?

There can only be a personal injury claim if you suffered harm in an accident and the injury was caused by negligence or recklessness (typically by a property owner). We can review your case to determine if you have an eligible claim on your hands and provide you guidance through the process of resolving it.

How much is a slip-and-fall case worth?

Every claim is unique, but fair and full compensation for any personal injury should include the current and future costs of an injury, including medical expenses, lost income, property damage, loss of earning potential, and pain and suffering.

What is the statute of limitations on a slip-and-fall case in Minnesota?

Every state has unique laws about how long you have to file a claim after a slip-and-fall injury. In Minnesota, victims of a fall have six years to file a personal injury claim. However, since most claims take months or longer to resolve, you should act as soon as possible to file your claim instead of running out the clock on collecting the settlement you deserve.

I fell on an icy sidewalk and got injured. Do I have a case?

While every case is unique, there is a good chance you have a claim on your hands in these cases. Some things to consider that may interfere with filing a claim are the comparative negligence of each party and the reasonable care opportunity the property owner had. “Comparative negligence” looks at the liability each party had in an accident, and if the victim is 50% or more liable for their injuries, they will not be able to file a claim against the other party.

Reasonable care refers to the amount of time a property owner had to eliminate the ice from their property. For example, if the ice formed overnight while a property owner was asleep and formed despite preventative measures, they may not be liable for your fall. But, if the ice was present for several days and the property owner did nothing to address it, they are likely liable for your injuries.

Let Us Review Your Fall Claim

We will investigate every aspect of your situation to determine if liability exists and then pursue all available insurance compensation to provide you with the resources you need to get back to your pre-injury state.

The insurance company will have no shortage of lawyers working to limit your compensation. Shouldn’t you have lawyers working for you? Contact us online or call 507-218-2004 today for a free consultation. From our office in Rochester, we represent people throughout southern Minnesota.